at the meeting last night there were a few art build requests:
1. signs for target corporations and political targets along the march route:
city hall, courts (provincial and maybe fed), canada place, world trade centre, edmonton economic development, bank of nova scotia, CIBC, bank of montreal, TD canada trust, alberta treasury bank, canadian western bank, hsbc, petroleum plaza...
(and other targets)
* for this project in my mind it would be cool to have different signs with facts about these targets and spoofs of their logos. also we could do a scary dragon that people can carry above their heads with the different logos on them
2. another project would be a general banner that we use for our marches for Occupy Edmonton as well as for a background for press conferences/ media scrums. see this one: I like how the poster corresponds to the banner
3. large patches for the back of jackets and arm bands for medics
- a couple of a large size patch with a red + on it to identify medics. also arm bands if possible, but focus is on something you can pin to the back and front of a jacket/sweater.
4. speakers corner sign
- a sign for a designated speakers corner area for filming/ interviewing people by our independent media team. medium size
5. sticky notes with messages on them to leave along the march route at target corporations
6. "crimes against x" signs to leave at the target corporations along the route. (like the petroleum focus: Crimes against the Environment/ humanity"..
Okay, so those are some direct requests from the group. Anyone interested in taking some of this on?
I can help with creating a basic banner tonight for our group-- thinking of drawing the girl with the eyes and the 99% and occupy edmonton like the draft i sent out (over other list-- i'll resend).
I'm also trying to get posters dropped off at Earths general store for pick up today by 4pm. EGS is at 9605 - 82nd Avenue. as well as handbills.
I can also make the red cross patches for the medics. I'm picking up fabric today on my way to the art build but does anyone else have any extra fabric or old bedsheets? thanks! let me know!
ALSO, there is a music working group that is trying to put together some entertainment for the day. you can email email@example.com to get involved in that but do keep us updated here.
Woo hoo arts!